Open Captions Australia
COVID SAFETY IN CINEMAS
The health and safety of all customers and staff are important. Cinemas are working hard to ensure that the cinema is a healthy and a safe environment. The situation is regularly being monitored and cinemas will act promptly on advice from the Australian Government Department of Health.
All cinemas are commited to ensure the theatre is thoroughly cleaned the day before and after each session, as well as a deep-clean overnight. This includes;
- A wipe-down and sanitise before and after every session.
- Gloves are being worn by all staff for food preparation.
- Seating chart changes to allow for gaps between customers and individual seat selection to allow for comfortable gaps of your choosing.
- Sanitising all contact surfaces.
- Cinema staff acknowledge they should not come to work if they experience fever or any flu-like symptoms.
In line with advice from the Australian Government Department of Health, all cinemas has taken further measures to apply social distancing guidelines and public gathering mandates.
Welcome to Australia’s first accessibility website promoting movies in Australia with Open Captions! All movies promoted under each state on this website are with Open Captions – captions on the big screen. Please look for the “Open Caption” yellow icon next to the movie sessions.
Cinemas across Australia also have other accessibility features available; Audio Description, Sensory Friendly Films, Wheelchair Access and Auslan Interpreted Q&A events. Please refer to the icons below for your reference. For Audio Description and Sensory Friendly Films, please visit the Community Events page in our menu.
Sensory Friendly Films
Sign up here to get the latest news, OC movie updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox!